UPAY primarily focuses on providing free of cost education to needy children and conduct recreational activities aimed at broadening the skill set of such children.
· It was founded by Varun Shrivastava, an IIT Kharagpur student with the help of three other socially motivated Engineers on 20-April-2010.
· On 19 September 2011, UPAY was registered under Mumbai Public Trusts Act 1950 and The Societies Registration Act 1860.
· Currently it has 20 centers (8 centers in Nagpur zone, 8 centers in Mouda zone, 1 center in Mumbai zone, 1 center in Gurgaon & Delhi, 1 center in Varanasi, 1 center in Pune ).
· UPAY has expanded from 15 children to more than 1200 children and 200 volunteers in a span of 5 years.
“To overcome disparities in education so that every child gets an opportunity to learn, to grow and to succeed”
Mission 2020 :
· To reach 5000 underprivileged children through Reach & Teach initiative .
· To enroll 1000 street children into school through Footpathshala initiative.
· Skill development of 1000 street youth /women through apnasaamaan.com initiative .
Core Value (SOLUTION)
Opportunity to All
Literacy to all
Upliftment of moral & social values
Overcoming the disparity
Nurturing the Rural talent