UPAY Internship Programme
Sector - Education
Organisation - Working with NGO UPAY(UnderPrivileged’s Advancement by Youth).
Location - In and around Nagpur,Mumbai, Gurgaon, Pune and Mouda .
Duration - 1 Month to 6 Month
• Should be a 10+2 qualified , Should be enrolled with some college/University
• Willingness to work in challenging environments,
Application Requirements –
• Statement of Purpose. It is an essay that tells us who you are and what are your plans and why you want to do internship at UPAY. The SOP should be between 100-150 words. If you have done social work previously then don't forget to mention that.
• Letter from Your College /institute . Intern should submit a letter from the training coordinator of their college.
• References. Applicants need to provide the names and contact details of references if any .
Work Description and Terms -
• Intern will report to UPAY Zonal Director.
• Intern will be sent to work at ground level at UPAY centers to get real feel of work.
• They will have to submit weekly progress report and a final Internship report to zonal Directors. Only after they will be given certificates from the zonal Directors.
• No accommodations and transportation shall be arranged by UPAY within the working zone.
• if interns are sent by Zonal Director outside the zone for any specific purpose , sleeper class fare will be reimbursed and accommodation will be arranged by the UPAY Zonal Team.
Scope of work will vary in three phases-
• Centre coordination (Teaching at Footpathshala etc)
• Finance, Social media campaign, documentation
• Publicity & fund raising .
thus giving you exposure to every aspect of NGO functionality.
In case of any query Contact :
UPAY primarily focuses on providing free of cost education to needy children and conduct recreational activities aimed at broadening the skill set of such children.
· It was founded by Varun Shrivastava, an IIT Kharagpur student with the help of three other socially motivated Engineers on 20-April-2010.
· On 19 September 2011, UPAY was registered under Mumbai Public Trusts Act 1950 and The Societies Registration Act 1860.
· Currently it has 20 centers (8 centers in Nagpur zone, 8 centers in Mouda zone, 1 center in Mumbai zone, 1 center in Gurgaon & Delhi, 1 center in Varanasi, 1 center in Pune ).
· UPAY has expanded from 15 children to more than 1200 children and 200 volunteers in a span of 5 years.
“To overcome disparities in education so that every child gets an opportunity to learn, to grow and to succeed”
Mission 2020 :
· To reach 5000 underprivileged children through Reach & Teach initiative .
· To enroll 1000 street children into school through Footpathshala initiative.
· Skill development of 1000 street youth /women through apnasaamaan.com initiative .
Core Value (SOLUTION)
Opportunity to All
Literacy to all
Upliftment of moral & social values
Overcoming the disparity
Nurturing the Rural talent
The foundation of development for every society is the education of its youth. Keeping this in mind, an NGO UPAY (Underprivileged Advancement by Youth), was founded in May 2010 by a group of young engineers. Its main aim is to provide opportunities to underprivileged children and bring smiles on the dejected faces.on 19.09.2011, UPAY has been registered as NGO under Society Registration Act 1860 and mumbai public Trust act 1950(Reg No-Maharashtra/268/2011/Bhandara). Since its inception, UPAY Team has been working whole heatedly in achieving this aim. Its success story can be gauged by the mere fact that where children were unable to do basic arithmetic calculations are now, not just producing excellent academic results but also bringing laurels to these underprivileged areas .Children who could barely dream about secondary school education are now pursuing and feeling confident in going for higher education. From three members and one centre having 20 children in the year 2010, it has blossomed into a Registered NGO of 20 centres having 1500 children ,spread across three states i.e Maharashtra , Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. The numbers are increasing with every passing day.