How You Can Contribute in Education of Underprivileged Kids
The development of our society in the future relies on the quality of education children receive now. It is this belief that inspired UPAY (Underprivileged Advancement by Youth), an NGO with the mission to provide free education to underprivileged children. Our NGO was founded in May 2010 by a group of young engineers from IIT and NIT in a small village called Kumbhari on the outskirts of Nagpur. Since then, UPAY has blossomed into a registered NGO with 21 centers across the country that enable free access to education for underprivileged sections of society.
UPAY uses two unique models to implement our mission. The first is Footpath Shala, a ‘street to school’ initiative aimed at children living on the footpaths in urban areas; the second is the Reach ’n’ Teach Centre, which involves providing regular classroom tuition to students in rural areas.
Currently, we cater to over 1200 students and aim to reach 5000 students by the year 2020. Though this target may seem ambitious, we believe that we can achieve it with the aid of people like you, those who have supported us in the past and are sure to continue to do so in the future.
The power to build a better tomorrow lies within each and every one of us, and we know that you will do everything you can in order to help.
How can you contribute to us?
1. Adopt a footpath Shala centre ( 7000 Rs/Month or 84,000 Rs /year ) : (Stationary: 1000, 1 Teacher: 4000, Shed and maintenance: 1000, snacks/ prizes: 1000) Your name will be reflected at our centre’s hoarding.
2. Sponsor a child( 2,000 Rs/month or 24,000 Rs/ year for every 10 Children): You will get personalized progress report of the child at the end of each academic year.
3. Sponsor the honorarium of a fellow (Teacher) for Footpathshala: 4000 Rs/month)
4. Donate notebooks/ slates/bags for children (for one centre : 30-50 nos, for one zone: 300-800 nos for all children of UPAY:1500 nos) : Two notebooks for each child. You can distribute it yourself, your name will be printed on donated items. ( Cost for bags: 80 Rs per piece ; Cost for one notebook/slat: 50 Rs per piece)
5. Donate dresses/shoes to footpathshala children: You can distribute it by yourself.
6. Donate higher study and competition’s books
7. Join us as a Volunteer: Click to join: http://upay.org.in/join-upay
How to Donate :
Donate Online :
You can donate online at our donation page: www.upay.org.in/donate
NEFT/IMPS: SBI Mouda A/c No 31985816052, IFC code: SBIN000481
Send us cheques or DD in favor of “Under Privileged Advancement By Youth” to 203, Honey Sagar Apartment, Wardhman Nagar square, Nagpur, Maharashtra, 440008
Previous Year Donation and Expenditure details:
For Any Query Contact Us: